Sunday, July 10, 2011

Vizsla First Summer Training Day

This morning, Bailey and I went out to Hastings Island to train. We meet up with my trainer, Randy Berry, for a forty-five minute session where Bailey worked three birds, did a retrieve back to hand and finished out the session with a "honor" on a German shorthair that was also out there training. 

 After a flawless training session, I took Bailey out into the fields to work him for a couple more half-hour sessions.  

I do understand how watching these training runs are like watching "paint dry" on a video. There will never be a way to show the following:
  1. The warmth of the sun on your back
  2. The freshness of the wind in your face
  3. The soft soil under your feet
  4. The sound of your dog pushing through the brush in your ears
  5. The pending excitement of what "might come" at any time.



Hope my enjoyment comes through with Bailey.
I thought I was going to take a break from field trialing this fall, but I think Bailey is helping me change my mind.
Next weekend, we will be trying our hand on two of the five "legs" for Bailey's Senior Hunter Certificate.    More on that next weekend.  We have field trialed but never taken on a hunt test.

No comments: