Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Pheasant Hunting with Anna the Vizsla

The upland game bird season approches with fall.











When I got Chloe and then Bailey I pictured myself on a cool November morning in a field very much like the one shown on this You Tube clip.


Chloe is not a bird hunter. She will find and retrieve a bright green tennis ball with complete abandon.


Now Bailey, on the other hand, is going to be great.



















I went out last year and got my CZ - USA 20 gauge over and under shotgun.









Took the Hunter safety program at the Sportmen's Rifle Range in Concord, California.


Went to the range and have killed many dozen orange clay flying discs.

Purchased my 2009/2010 California Resident Hunting License for $41.20 and added the $8.00 Upland Game Bird Stamp.

I have never been a hunter. I have always honored those who hunt upland game birds. Most do so with an immense respect for the land and the wildlife.



I will strive to become the hunter that can be "one with his environment".


No comments: