Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Bailey to Sire Puppies Next Week

O.K. I am excited about this breeding!  Bailey (Highlander's Bailey's Wildest Dream) should join up again next week with Sophie (Placergold's Autumn Moon) to create the second litter of RedBirdDogs!

Julie and I have been talking about this since last fall.  We are waiting for Sophie to go into her cycle.  We have both had the dogs checked this week for brucellosis (STD).  Just got the call from the vet that Bailey is clear to go.

 


The first litter is now 9 months old.  I am very happy with how the pups turned out both physically and temperament-wise.  That was important to me.


Sophie and Bailey's A.K.C. pedigrees go back five generations (plus) of very good dogs both in the field and the ring.  Health issues in the lines checked.  Health and O.F.A. tests done on both our dogs.  Healthy parents should pass healthly pups.
 


Boys and their dogs at 4-weeks-old and then 7-months-old.

Many pup pictures over the last year at different stages on redbirddog

Good times.






 

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm not sure how far in advance the litters are planned, but my husband and I are considering getting a male V pup this coming fall/winter. We met one of Bailey's 9 month old boys on a V walk and we loved his personality and looks. Please let me know if/when you decide on another breeding. :)

lmh said...

I was wondering if Sophie had her puppies yet? If so, can you do a follow-up post?

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Stop My Dog From Escaping said...

Pretty good post. I just stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed reading your blog posts. Anyway, I'll be subscribing to your feed and I hope you post again soon.