Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Seeing Eye Dog for Dog

Lily is a Great Dane that has been blind since a bizarre medical condition required that she have both eyes removed.

For the last 5 years, Madison, another Great Dane, has been her sight.


The two are, of course, inseparable.




To support Vizsla Rescue Haven please go to:

http://www.facebook.com/ShelterChallenge

Help your favorite petfinder.com rescue group win grants! Vote every day and increase their chances.

We will be keeping score.

Click:

MY PICK!

This will take you to the next page's central panel and then type in

Vizsla Rescue Haven .....and CA

for the $2,000 State Shelter Challenge!

You can do it every day and I HOPE YOU WILL!

Vizsla Rescue Haven is currently in second place.

Challenge ends December 18th.

  Help Kay help Vizslas.

- Rod a.k.a. redbirddog

Response from Vizsla Forum:"It is because of a seeing eye dog that I have my boy Dax now. A couple of years ago I was having dinner with a friend when I noticed that at the next table there was a blind man and his family. At his feet was his assist dog, a beautiful Vizsla.


It was all I could do to keep myself from going over to pet her, but I knew she was working and shouldn't be disturbed.

My beloved Chocolate Lab had passed away earlier that year and I was thinking about getting another companion. I didn't know much about V's then, but that evening I did a lot of research. The more I learned about the breed, the more I liked.

Had it not been for that seeing eye dog being there at just the right time, getting a Vizsla would not have occurred to me."
 - Cavedog


No comments: